Community Events & Festivals
AmeriCorps members and community volunteers will engage in grassroots outreach efforts at local festivals and share programming about SR2H community events to inspire health, wellness, and active lifestyles. They will also establish a broader connection to the community in which they live and serve. Through this community outreach, AmeriCorps members and community volunteers will have the opportunity to interact directly with community members through conversations and by offering the following:
- Health and wellness demonstrations
- Healthy recipe sharing
- Trails outreach
- Bicycle safety
- Parks and recreation promotion
- Local healthy food and nutrition resources
- Physical activity reinforcing activities
Because community events and festivals provide a unique outreach opportunity, AmeriCorps members will interact directly with community members to share upcoming SR2H programs for participation or volunteerism. They will also establish a broader connection to the community in which they live and serve.
- As an introductory community outreach opportunity, community member projections are not applicable.