Be the Greater Good
Now Hiring 20 Half-Time Members
Get paid to get your community moving and eating healthy!
Safe Routes to Health AmeriCorps Program (SR2H) is looking for 20 half-time members to serve at host sites statewide. The term of service runs from November 6, 2019 – September 18, 2020. Half-time members serve a minimum of 19 – 20 hours a week for a total of 900 hours.
What are the perks?
As a SR2H AmeriCorps member, you will receive these benefits:
- Student loan deferment
- Skills and training
- Living allowance of $6,067 distributed bi-weekly
- Education Award upon completion of service to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training, or to repay student loans
- Career opportunities with leading employers from the private, public and nonprofit sectors
What will I be doing as a SR2H AmeriCorps member?
As a SR2H AmeriCorps member, you can expect a dynamic year of service! No day will look the same. Here are some of the ways you will serve your community:
- Hold Health Through Literacy reading events at local libraries with messages on healthy eating and physical activity for kids and their caregivers
- Facilitate conversations with seniors at area senior centers on healthy aging and independence
- Teach food shopping skills at grocery stores on reading food labels, comparing unit prices, finding whole grains, and identifying 3 ways to purchase produce
- Navigate the farmers markets for low-income shoppers to stretch their food dollars further
- Demonstrate physical activity tastings that residents can incorporate into their daily lives
- Connect community members to their local physical activity resources to make getting physically active a year round possibility
- Recruit and train volunteers to create a sustainable program
- Participate in program training and AmeriCorps Days of Service
- Document service activities with time sheets and reflection pieces
For a complete member description, visit SR2H AmeriCorps Member Position Description.